Are you feeling groggy, run-down, and tired no matter how much coffee you drink or how much sleep you get? Your body could be telling you something. How great or poorly you feel is largely based on how efficiently your body is removing and purging toxins. If you’re feeling sluggish, there is a good chance that your body is in need of detox in order to remove these toxins, and get you feeling your absolute best! A liver cleanse is a great way to do this.
Since the liver is one of the hardest working organs in our body, it is important that we take great care of it so that it will continue to take great care of us. Our liver is responsible for metabolizing fats, proteins, and carbohydrates, bile production and excretion, blood detoxification and purification, and the storage of glycogen, vitamins, and minerals just to name a few. Without an optimally functioning liver, we can begin to feel worn down, moody, and may experience gas, bloating, and constipation.
But fear not, this Quick Liver Cleanse I use, will get your liver functioning properly and have you feeling better in no time. Typically, I just eat steamed veggies with lemon and a little Celtic salt for some extra sustenance! Please keep in mind, pregnant women and nursing moms should not do this cleanse. Hopefully this quick, two-day cleanse will gear you up for the summer!
For two days, I recommend the following:
- Sip on dandelion tea
- Apple cider vinegar water
- Green smoothie with parsley and cilantro (recipe below)
- Plenty of electrolyte water to help flush toxins
- Steamed veggies with lemon and Celtic sea salt
BEST PARSLEY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2.5 Tablespoons of organic parsley/cilantro
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- Handful of fresh organic greens
- 1/2 of a lemon (peeled and seeded)
- Add a little raw honey if it’s too bitter for you
- Add 1/2 banana if you like a “smoother” smoothie
Blend until desired consistency with either coconut water, almond, or coconut milk.
To truly detox and find what your body needs, come see one of our seven board-certified providers to get to the root of your issues.
With a unique diagnostic process, we guide you to your best self by connecting the dots of your health and history to shape a unique treatment plan because no two people are the same. We lead you in the implementation and monitor the results to optimize the plan according to your body’s needs.
So what will you find as a patient at our office?
- Longer appointments with your provider
- Advanced technology and integrative lab testing
- Conventional and holistic treatment options
- Personalized treatment plans
- Direct access to your provider
- A complete menu of traditional and holistic health and spa services
As you can see, at CentreSpringMD, we are committed to a new model of medicine with true patient-centered, collaborative care – a safe place for you to refresh, relax, and rejuvenate.
From Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Cancer Support, and Nutrition to beauty services, IV therapy and acupuncture —CentreSpringMD and Spa gives you the best chance of living your best life.